Programmable USB pushbox – technical product features
You already found out the basic characteristics of our programmable USB pushbox in the product overview. Furthermore, you might already have checked its examples of use. Let’s turn to the hard facts, then – designs, technical features and specifications, certification standards, and naturally measurements.
Features and specs: your USB pushbox “beyond the surface”
USB Pushbox – a closer look at the hardware
First impressions are most important. So before you continue reading, you can view and examine the different product versions of the programmable USB pushbox from all perspectives.
Please click on the images to enlarge.
Für eine Beschreibung der USB-Pushbuttonleiste auf Deutsch klicken Sie bitte hier.
The programmable USB pushbox belongs to our PBLx product series. Its case comes from Eaton Industries, who are known for their reliable industrial product standards. On the inside, the pushbox implies a USB board. Further, the scope of delivery for your USB pushbox includes:
- case with several small and flat buttons (embedded or sticking out)
- mini CD with software and complete user manual
- USB cable, either 280 or 480 cm long
Main features of the USB Pushbox
The following list of technical features grants you a a short overview about how the programmable USB pushbox functions and what makes its handling so easy for everybody.
- You can simulate different keyboard and mouse actions with up to 6 buttons in one case.
- The pushbox simulates up to 6 keyboard keys in parallel and a maximum of 6×8 = 48 keystrokes in sequence.
- You can program each button in the case separately.
- It’s possible to type whole strings/words on your keyboard on button trigger, hold or release.
- USB Pushbox simulates up to 56 mouseclicks (left, middle, right) in sequence.
- Supported keyboard layouts: ENGLISH, GERMAN LATIN1/CP1252 (other layouts on demand).
- All settings are stored in the button-integrated flash memory.
- You also get an internal USB Serial interface with terminal emulation for programming
- Strings can be sent the integrated USB serial port on button trigger, hold or release.
- The device works with all versions of Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
- NO driver required – fully Plug&Play.
- Very long USB cable: 280cm length (optional ‘ultra long’ 480cm).
- You can drill additional holes in the bottom case.
- The box was designed for an installation on a firm and non vibrating ground.
- Please contact us for application in mobile environment.
- Industrial quality: case by EATON industries; titan RMQ buttons.
- Minimum life time of 1 million button pushes.
- Mattfinished hard-PVC case with stainless steel screws,
USB Pushbox: technical specifications
As you are now familiar with the way the programmable USB pushbox functions, you can take a look at the technical details, at the measurements and certified product standards next.
- Minimum lifespan of 1 Million switches, 3600 switches/ h possible
- Buttons are available in 6 colours
- two button styles: embedded and stick-out
- 280cm or 480 cm USB cable length
- Size (L/W/H): 80,00 x 72,00 x 56,00 mm, Weight 0,30 kg
- Four M4 mounting holes in bottom case
- IEC/EN 60947-5; UL 508; CSA-C22.2 No. 14-05; CSA-C22.2 No. 94-91
- CE marking, RoHS conformity
- Protection class: IP66, IP67, IP69K ; UL/CSA Type 3R, 4X, 12, 13
- UL listed (UL file No. E29184, UL category control No. NKCR)
- CSA certified (CSA file No. 012528, CSA class No. 3211-03)
- Climate resistance: up to 100% humidity, -15°C to 40°C
- WEEE Number: 92318050 ; German tax tariff number: 85381000
Note: If you only need one button in your case and think that “bigger is better”, also take a look at our USB Pushbuttons from the PBT product series.