Programmable USB button – technical product features
You already found out the basic characteristics of our programmable USB button in the product overview. Furthermore, you might already have checked its examples of use. Let’s turn to the hard facts, then – designs, technical features and specifications, certification standards, and naturally measurements.
Features and specs: your programmable USB button “beyond the surface”
USB Pushbutton – a closer look at the hardware
First impressions are most important. So before you continue reading, you can view and examine the different product versions of the mushroom buzzer from all perspectives.
Für eine Beschreibung des USB Grobhandtasters auf Deutsch klicken Sie bitte hier.
Pushbutton PBT-series. Please click on the images to enlarge.
The mushroom buzzer belongs to our PBT product series. Mushroom buttons and cases come from Eaton Industries, who are known for their reliable industrial product standards. On the inside, it includes a circuit board. Further, the scope of delivery for your USB pushbutton implies:
- case with single mushroom button
- mini CD with software and complete user manual
- USB cable, either 280 or 480 cm long
Main features of the USB Pushbutton
The following list of technical features grants you a a short overview about how the programmable USB button functions and what makes its handling so easy for everybody.
- Vandalism-protected industrial quality: the mushroom buzzer endures at least a million button presses.
- You can press it by hand or kick it with your foot.
- Simulates HID keyboard and mouse device with a single button
- Simulates up to 6 keyboard keys in parallel and a maximum of 6×8 = 48 keystrokes in sequence
- You can also type whole strings on the keyboard on button trigger, hold or release.
- Simulates up to 56 mouseclicks (left, middle, right) in sequence
- Supported keyboard layouts: ENGLISH, GERMAN LATIN1/CP1252 (other layouts on demand)
- All settings stored in button-internal flash memory
- Internal USB serial interface with terminal emulation for programming
- You can also send strings directly to the integrated USB serial port on button trigger, hold or release.
- Works with all versions of Windows, Apple IOS, Linux, Android
- NO driver required – fully Plug&Play
- 1/4″ jack for photo stand in the bottom
USB Pushbutton: technical specifications
As you are now familiar with the way the mushroom buzzer’s functions, you can take a look at the technical details, at the measurements and certified product standards next.
- Minimum: lifespan of 1 million switches, 3600 switches/ h possible
- Mushroom cap in three colors: red, black, green
- For a more versatile use, the USB cable is available in two lengths: 280 or 480cm
- Size (L/W/H): 84mm x 84mm x 96mm (bottom case), 93mm Mushroom diameter, Weight 0,35 kg
- Two M5 mounting holes in bottom case (40mm x 65mm distance); developed for an installation on a firm and non-vibrating ground
- For drilling templates please download the measurements here.
- Conform with certified standards: IEC/EN 60947, VDE 0660
- Protection class according to IEC/EN 60259: IP 67, IP69K
- Climate resistance: up to 100% humidity, -15°C to 40°C
- WEEE Number: DE87085967 ; German tax tariff number: 85365019
Product flyer download
Sometimes you need all relevant information about your new programmble USB button to be “at hand” as a document. In case you want to download and print out the button’s technical specifications, we offer a product flyer in a PDF format.
Note: If you need more than one programmable USB button within your button case, also take a look at our USB pushboxes from the PBLx product series.