In a digitalized world, data has a great value for everyone – both in a private and professional environment. Imagine you have just finished your great new project and lose your portfolio to a hardware defect – or the external harddisk you saved your child’s baby photos on has had a water accident. It is also possible that “the error is the user” – so it was yourself or a colleague who incorrectly formatted a flash medium or deleted files on it. The more important your files are for you, the more data loss hurts.
Common sources of data loss at a glance
There are numerous sources of data loss – find the most common ones listed below together with the ways in which MaxDataGenius can help you out.
- Accidential deletion, virus attack, device failure: The software can recover lost or deleted files, even if deleted from recycle bin, and can use a so called ‘RAW’ file system feature to detect files by ‘footprints’.
- Formatted, system crash, hard drive failure, device failure: The software can unformat a partition or disk with heavy logical damages, or if formatted with different file systems – can recover from corrupt boot sectors, corrupt file system structures and more.
- Partition loss: The software can recover from lost boot sectors, corrupt partition tables, corrupt logical disk manager and more.
After you saved your data, you can also prevent future data loss with some simple measures.
- Create copies of your files and folders on other safe media.
- Use an antivirus programme which you trust in.
- Keep your disks away from water, fire, heights and other dangerous environments.
- Regularly check your disks for faulty structures and bad blocks.
- Create disk images of media which you suspect to be faulty, for example because their performance is slow or noisy.
- Avoid formatting disks if you still need the files on them – or transfer your files to another medium beforehand.
- If you are a data expert, check your disk’s internal structure in a hex viewer.
- Regularly perform a disk analysis if you professionally work with data recovery and disk structure.
MaxDataGenius Professional includes a HexViewer function, automatically creates disk images and analyses disk structures. In order to find out more about the the software’s features, please click on the product page button below.